Retirement planning means making a plan for when you stop working and want to relax. Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) known for its modern lifestyle. It is a popular place for retirement because of its safety, healthcare, and leisure options. This article provides detailed information on retirement planning in Dubai.
What is Retirement Visa in Dubai?
It is a retire visa which is a long term visa that is valid for 5 years to be applied after one become 55 years old.
Why is Dubai considered the best place for retirement planning?
Dubai is a popular retirement destination due to its tax-free income, world-class healthcare, and diverse cultural experiences. Dubai has many benefits for retirees. The city is safe, with low crime rates. The city’s modern infrastructure, including luxury shopping malls and other entertainment options, provides retirees with a comfortable and enjoyable lifestyle.
Moreover, Dubai’s strategic location offers easy access to travel around the world. This allows retirees to explore new destinations and enjoy a fulfilling retirement.
Eligibility: Who can apply?
Retired residents can apply over the age of 55 years.
- She / He has worked minimum of 15 years inside / outside the UAE
- 55 years at the time of retirement
- Has a own property value of minimum AED 1 million (OR)
- Having an active income of at least AED 20,000 per month from investments or pensions. (OR)
- 3 years Fixed Deposit (FD) of AED 1 million
- Applicant’s Passport copy
- Marriage certificate copy
- Current Visa Copy
- Emirates ID Copy for UAE residents
- 6 months latest bank statement
- Proof of income / retirement letter / title deed
How to apply for a retirement visa in Dubai?
To apply for a retirement visa in Dubai, applicants need to follow these steps:
Either you can apply with GDRFA or DLD
Apply through GDRFA
- Visit https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae
- Login through your registered details
- Select Retirement visa and proceed
Apply through DLD
Visit the office in person to complete the application
- Choose the financial option that suits you the best.
- Submit the application through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) or the Dubai Land Department (DLD), depending on the chosen financial option.
- Provide the required documents, including passport copies, current visa copies, and Emirates ID copies, for the applicant and their dependents.
- Pay the visa fee of AED 3,714.75 per applicant once the application is approved
Dubai Retirement Visa Cost:
Once your application is approved by GDRFA / DLD, you require to pay AD 3714.75 which covers the visa related expenses, entry permit, visa status adjustment, residency stamping, Emirates ID, Medical Exam, Management fees.
Do you require to submit a medical / health insurance to apply for Retiree visa in Dubai?
Yes, you need to provide
Can expats apply for Dubai Retirement Visa?
Yes, expats who are over the age of 55 can apply for retirement visa
What is the Validity for Dubai Retirement Visa?
It is valid for 5 years