M. A. Yusuff Ali
What is Lulu ownere M.A. Yusuf Ali’s original name?
- Yusuff Ali Musaliam Veettil Abdul Kader, popularly known as Yusuff Ali M. A.
- M. A Yusuff Ali is the UAE-based Indian businessman and billionaire.
Birth Year and Place
Born: 15 th November 1955
Born at: Nattika in Thrissur district of Kerala
Schooling: St. Xavier’s High School, Karanchira
Higher studies: Diploma in Business Management and Administration.
His journey to UAE
- In the year 1973, he moved to Abu Dhabi to his paternal uncle M K Abdullah who was the chairman and founder of the Lulu Group.
- M. A. Yusuff Ali started his first Lulu hypermarket in the year 1990 in Abu Dhabi
- Lulu Intenational shopping mall was opened in Kochi, Kerala on 10 th March 2013
- Thiruvananthapuram in 2021
What is M. A. Yusuff Ali’s Networth?
As of October 2022
$5.5B is his networth. According to forbes he is the 35 th position in India’s richest man and position 490 in Billionaires list
- He is Married with 3 children
- Elder daughter Sabeena is married to billionaire businessman Shamsheer Vayalil where Sabeena is the director of the VPS healthcare ventures privated limited company
- Second daughter Shafeena is married to Adeeb Ahamed who runs Lulu International Exchange, where Shafeena is the CEO of Tablez Food Company
- Shifa Yusuf Ali is the third daughter and she is the CEO of Ideacret Education Company
M. A. Yusuff Ali’s Website: https://www.yusuffali.com/
What are the awards he holds?
2004 – “Commander” title & St. Ephraim Medal by the Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas of Universal Syriac Orthodox Church.
2005 – Pravasi Bharatiya Samman in 2005; the highest Indian government award given to non-resident Indians.
2008 – Padma Shri from the Government of India
2010 – “Business Man of the Year 2009-10” award instituted by the Kerala State Forum of Bankers’ Clubs.
2012 – Lifetime Achievement Award at the inaugural Indian CEO Awards held in February.
2012 – Swiss Ambassador’s Award 2012 for outstanding efforts in promoting Swiss-UAE relations.
2012 – “Most Influential Asian Business Leader in the MENA region” award by Forbes Middle East.
2012 – “Arab Business Leader of the Year 2012” during the third edition of the Global Arab Business Meeting held in Ras Al Khaimah.
2014 – Honorary D. Litt. by Aligarh Muslim University.
2016 – Was honoured with the archbishop Mar Gregorios Award instituted by the alumni association of Mar Ivanios College, Amicos, for his contribution to the industrial sector in 2016.
2018 – Honorary doctorate from Middlesex University
2018 – Honorary doctorate from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
2021 – Was honoured with Abu Dhabi’s highest civilian award, Abu Dhabi Award 2021 by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan,Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.
2021 – Yusuff Ali was granted a long-term residential visa by Qais bin Mohammed Al Yousaf, Oman’s Minister of Commerce, Industry, and Investment Promotion (MOCIIP).
2022 – Yusuff Ali, chairman of Lulu Group, has become the first Bahrain golden residency visa recipient.