Dubai Population Demography : Nationality, Religion, Expats…

Dubai Population Demography : Nationality, Religion, Expats…

Dubai population by Nationality

Dubai’s population is composed of just 15% native residents, with remaining 85% being expatriates. About 85% of the expat population – that is, 71% of the total population is Asian, primarily from India (accounting for 51%), Pakistan (17%), Bangladesh (9%) and the Philippines (3%).

Dubai Population by Nationality
Dubai Population by Nationality

UAE population by Expats vs Locals

Out of the 9.2 million people living in UAE, 1.4 million are locals (citizens) and the rest (7.8 million) are expats. UAE is unique in its demography mix dominated by expatriates. Dubai’s population is 3.03 million as of March 2018.

UAE Locals Vs Expats Demography
UAE Locals Vs Expats Demography

Dubai population by religion

According to the last available statistics, UAE has a majority population of Muslims (60%), followed by Christians, followed by all other religions such as Hindus, Jains and Farsis etc.

Religious demography of Dubai Population
Religious demography of Dubai Population
Share this page!

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.