It is necessary to obtain a new license if your current one has expired, you have never held a driver’s license before, or your country’s license is not recognized in the UAE along with the passing RTA Dubai driving test.
Application Process for RTA Dubai Driving test
- Original Emirates Id Card
- Passport and visa copy
- Moreover, the result of the eye test.
- No objection certificate from the sponsor.
- Passport size photo
- Further information on the fees and details can check here.
The driving test is categorized into 3 parts
- Theory Test
- Parking test or Yard test
- Road Test.
List of requirements for the Dubai Road Traffic Authority’s driving road test
Checklist at the start of the Driving test
- Check doors are closed or not.
- Adjust mirrors and seats.
- Check wipers if it’s working or not.
- Check the headlights, engine, and horn.
- Lastly, Check all the mirrors.
Checklist while driving on the road
- Move according to the speed limit or steadily
- Never hesitate to jump into a gap
- Avoid parking in tight spaces.
- Never, ever slow down unnecessarily.
- If you can’t overtake, don’t.
- Lastly, Return to the proper lane.
Checklist of Signals on the road
- Use correct signals while driving.
- Give signals on time.
- Use signals while changing the lane.
- Don’t signal in the wrong direction.
- Never use the clutch on a bend or intersection.
- Avoid harsh braking
- Approach the corner at the right speed.
- Must use the right gear while driving
- Always change gears smoothly.
- Never ever change the gear to neutral
- Don’t engage gear after stopping.
Safety of driving checklist
- Maintain a safe distance from the automobile in front.
- Always give way to an item or an automobile.
- Keep a safe distance from other parked cars.
- Always check your blindspot before departing.
- Leave the parking lot in four moves.
- No curbing
- Exit in the right lane.
List of parking
- Enter the proper lane.
- Never park on layby lines.
- Place the car in the parking bay’s center.
Road Checks for progress and placement
- Always drive according to the condition of the road.
- Always drive in a single lane.
- Must use the right lane.
- Avoid releasing the clutch too early.
- Avoid driving too far to the right or left.
Stopping the car
- Avoid stopping unnecessarily.
- Always stop in the right position.
- When you stop ensure the vehicle is stable.
- Must use hand brake when required.