Planning to travel to USA? You need to apply for US visa. If you’re on tourist or visit visa, US consulate in Dubai will not entertain your request and you need to go back to India to apply for the same. But, if you hold a valid resident visa of Dubai or any emirate in UAE, you can apply at the Consulate of USA in Dubai.However, your Resident Visa should not have the expiry within 3 months from the date you’re applying for US visa. From documents required to the fee charged,here is a complete procedure for Indians to get US Visa in Dubai.
Benefits of US Non-immigrant Visa
A non-immigrant visa is used by tourists, business people, students, or specialty workers who wish to stay for a particular period of time in the United States to accomplish specific purposes. The Consular Sections of the U.S. Embassy and US Consulate General in the United Arab Emirates are responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
- Travel within the U.S.
- Visit family or friends
- Participate in activities of a fraternal, social or service nature
- Obtain medical treatment
Documents Required for Visa Interview
- Original passport with minimum 6 month validity
- Valid UAE resident visa copy with 30 days validity
- Appointment details
- Visa payment slip
- Return flight ticket copy
- Copy of Accommodation / hotel booking
- 6 months bank statement
- Original NOC letter stating salary, designation, joining date, travel purpose for employee addressing United States Embassy.. Valid Trade License copy, Self-Introduction letter stating monthly income, passport details for Partners, Investors & Owners.
- Invitation letter from friend or relative can be additional advantage.
- Invitation letter required for Business visa.
Procedure for US Visa in Dubai
- Select your visa type by going through Common Nonimmigrant Visas. Each visa type explains the qualifications and application items. Choose the visa type that applies to your situation.
- Complete the Non immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
- Choose Non Immigrant Visa Applicant and sign in.
- There is one section that requires you to fill the contact names and addresses of your friends or family who are living in the United States. In this section you need to fill the name and the relationship of the person to you.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule your appointment here.
- Provide your passport number, number of the visa fee receipt and 10 digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
- Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. Make sure to reach 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Submit required documents
- Visa applicants are fingerprinted by the U.S. Embassy as part of the visa interview. During the visa application process, usually at the interview, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be quickly taken.
- If your visa is approved, your visa will be ready for pick-up at the Embassy.
It takes 4-5 working days to issue US Non-immigrant Visa
Fees for US Visa
For visa categories B1, B2, or B1/B2 the fee is $160 USD. You need to pay the following non-refundable visa application fee prior to arriving at the consulate general for an interview
Corner of Al Seef Rd. and Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Rd