Are you a regular user of Dubai’s public transport? Then a NOL Card is the best thing you should keep in your wallet. It enables you to pay for the use of various RTA transport modes in Dubai with just one, single card. That’s right, no need to carry coins or cash or numerous passes. However, you need to be vigilant and keep an eye on the credit constantly to avoid any stressful situation on the go. Here’s how to check your NOL card balance online.
What are the different types of NOL Cards?
In a world where carrying cash is becoming redundant, Dubai’s RTA has made life easier with the smart NOL card. There are 4 types of NOL card tickets. Commuters can buy single journey tickets, daily passes or monthly ones according to their journey plans.
- NOL Red Ticket – Valid for 90 days. Credit is calculated from the date of purchase of the ticket.
- NOL Silver, Gold & Blue Card – Valid for five years, you need to top up your account as you go.
How to Check Your NOL Card Balance Online?
The NOL card balance is shown when you check-in/check-out of public transport like Dubai Metro, RTA buses. You can check it from any ticket vending machine and online via the RTA’s Public Transport App.
- Visit the RTA Website
- Click on Public transport
- Select NOL
- Click on View NOL Card Balance
- Enter your NOL card number at the back of your card
- Enter the image security code and click the Check option.
- The card balance is shown at the bottom of the page.
NOL cards can be used in over 1000 retail stores. If you’re having a Nol Silver or Gold card you can carry upto Dh1000 and if you have a personalised Blue Nol card, you can carry upto Dh5000.