It is the world’s biggest and tallest observation wheel located on Bluewaters Island, near the Dubai Marina in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Ain Dubai (previously named the Dubai Eye or Dubai-I). It is the world’s tallest and largest observation wheel, with a height of over 250 m (820 ft). Ain Dubai is 82.4 m (270 ft) taller than the previous world’s tallest observation wheel, the 167.6 m (550 ft) High Roller, which opened in Las Vegas in March 2014. The wheel carries up to 1,750 passengers in its 48 luxurious cabins and provides views of Dubai Marina and landmarks such as Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, and Burj Khalifa.
Dubai is known to break the already broken World Records. It has come true now even in the case of the largest Ferris wheel in the world. Previously The London Eye was the largest Ferris Wheel in the world which is present in the Thames. Now, this title goes to the upcoming AIN Dubai Ferris Wheel which is present in the Bluewater islands off the coast of JBR Beach.
The Ferris Wheel has got 48 glass capsules which are of 30 square meters in size which can accommodate 40 peoples comfortably. Since the capsules are made of glass it provides its viewers a 360-degree view of the city. The AIN Dubai is 210 meters tall which is pretty much taller than most of the skyscrapers of the world. This is in fact close to the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. So, one can easily see all the other important sightseeing spots in Dubai very easily. The Burj Khalifa, Palm Jumeirah, and the Burj Al Arab provide a spectacular show to the viewers when viewed from the Bird’s eye View of the AIN Dubai.
There is also an option of VIP capsules which just holds 12 persons per capsule and can have their food and drinks by enjoying the spectacular view of the city. An all-around trip of the Ferris Wheel takes about 45 minutes for a capsule. The displays in the capsule also provide all the information about the city when the ride starts.
Hyundai Engineering & Construction and Starneth Engineering were appointed as the primary design and construction contractors together with KCI the engineers who designed and engineered the complete wheel structure including the installation engineering. Construction began in May 2015, anticipating completion in early to mid-2019. Further delays pushed the target opening to 20 October 2020, in order to coincide with Expo 2020, but this itself was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The wheel opened a year later on 21 October 2021.
Ain Dubai – Dubai Eye Wheel – Highlights
- Have a look at enchanting views of Dubai, Day or Night
- Soar through the sky and witness the true beauty of Bluewaters Island
- Freedom of roaming in the cabin and taking photographs
- A bird eye’s view on mesmerizing Dubai’s skyline
- Off-Peak hours entry tickets
- Celebrate your main events like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, casual parties, corporate events, and much more in any of its cabins
- Dine-in sky and get a unique life experience
- Spend 38 minutes in an air-conditioned cabin.
- The general cabins are accessible for pre and post-sunset time.
- Forty people can accommodate in the cabins but due to maintaining a social distance only 10 people are allowed
Ain Dubai – The Marvel Views
Climbing steadily and reaching the top of Dubai, you will get the lavish views of
- Bluewaters Island
- Burj Khalifa
- Palm Jumeirah
On your journey, the 48 different cabins will take you to the top of an amazing height. The large cabins will give you highly appreciated services and some welcome equipment like a parquet floor, sofas, tables, and more to make your journey a splendid one and gigantic.
Ain Dubai Tickets & Booking Details
Ain Dubai tickets can be purchased at the Ain Dubai ticketing office, or online at www.mala.ae or ticketing kiosks and authorized agents on the day of the event. None of the tickets are refundable, transferable, or exchangeable. Tickets that are lost, damaged, or stolen will not be replaced. Tickets are available for purchase separately starting at AED 130 and can be purchased online.
Timings: All days Opened from 1 to 10 PM (Closed Only on Tuesday)
- Within 24 hours of a successful Ain Dubai booking, the customer receives an email confirmation voucher.
- If the customer’s preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate timetable will be created and a new confirmation voucher will be given via email.
- Alternatively, the consumer may cancel their reservation before confirmation and receive a full refund.
- It is recommended that you arrive at least 60 minutes early for your scheduled ride so that you have enough time to buy snacks and drinks and use the toilets
- Only food and drinks purchased at the Ain Dubai Attraction will be allowed inside the Cabins.
- Inside the Cabins and throughout the Ain Dubai Premises, smoking, including e-cigarettes and “vaping,” is forbidden. Smoking is permitted only in specific sections of the Premises.
- It is very safe for Pregnant Ladies to take a ride, as it run very slowly and complete the whole round in 38 min.
- Parking is free for all visitors in B1, B2. However, ground floor parking is payable.
- Except for guiding dogs and hearing dogs, pets and animals of any kind are strictly prohibited on the Ain Dubai Attraction.
- All types of gatherings such as Co-corporate gatherings, Birthday Parties, Anniversary, Christmas, Eid Parties, Fashion shoots are all allowed in the Dubai Eye
What else can you do?
If the Ferris wheel is not enough for you to quench your adrenaline thirst, you have the largest rope climbing platform in the world at 150 meters. This is built at one of the legs of the Ferris wheel and this is assisted by professional climbers to ensure safety. There are also ten apartment buildings, along with gyms, swimming pools, landscaped gardens, basketball courts, and children’s play areas. There are also two hotels along with direct access to 450 meters of private beach.