A tourist masterplan for Dubai has been developed. The plans, revealed by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, are centered on improving the countryside and rural areas.
Have you ever longed to go to Saruq Al-Hadid and Al Marmoom Heritage Village?
The new route would provide visitors with facilities and services such as desert hikes and camel rides. There will be glass dome campers and lodges with panoramic windows, as well as open lounges if you wish to stay near the area’s lakes.
Vertical balloons will provide elevated views of the lake, while kayaks and gift shops, and cafes will be closed. There will also be an outdoor cinema experience, as well as a premium caravan park nearby.
Skydiving, hot-air balloon rides, safari expeditions, and a club for remotely controlled planes and cars are also part of the idea. There will be a dedicated road for bikers and electric scooters, as well as a sandboarding facility and a helicopter tour project.
The Dubai Countryside and Rural Areas Development Master Plan will include a new green space with an area of 2,216 square kilometers.
It will consist of the following initiatives:
- preserving the natural beauty of rural areas and providing a variety of services and amenities to residents
- The preservation of natural reserves and archaeological monuments, as well as the assistance of farmers and local products.
- The 100-kilometer Saih Al Salam Scenic Route (Route 1) for vehicles and bicycles provides facilities and services to provide a complete tourist experience.
- Creating and sustaining a distinct character for each district
- Building the first dedicated route connecting tourist destinations for desert vehicles, bicycles, and desert electric scooters.
- Creating a desert sandboarding and desert driving station.
In accordance with the Dubai Urban Plan 2040, the project will be in place for the next 20 years.
Nature will be protected in the following areas:
- Al Lisaili
- Al Faqaa
- Al Aweer
- Al Marmoom
HH Sheikh Mohammed said: “We have issued directives to ensure the Dubai Countryside and Rural Areas Development Master Plan brings direct economic returns for the people residing in these areas.
“Today, Dubai is the most beautiful city in the world. We also seek to make the rural areas of Dubai some of the most beautiful and enjoyable places.”