You might have felt like summer is here with temperatures reaching a scorching 38 degrees celsius last week but the last of the winter rain is not yet over. After a heavy thunderstorm last night, it looks we’ve got more days of heat respite to look forward to. Forecasters have warned of scattered rainfall of varying intensities, thunder, lightning and gusting winds. According to the National Centre of Meteorology and Seismology this unpredictable weather is expected to last until Thursday.
Weather Forecast for This Week
- Cloudy weather and thunderstorm to continue throughout this week accompanied by moderate south-easterly to north-easterly winds.
- Visibility will be poor with some dust storms across the UAE
- Humidity will be between 30 per cent and 75 per cent throughout the day.
- Rainfall of different intensities will be scattered across the country.
- Thunder and lightening will occur at times, with the rain clouds decreasing gradually from Thursday
- Temperature in coastal areas will vary between 25°C and 35°C and mountainous areas will experience a temperature range of between 19°C and 31°C.
- Sea is expected to become rough at times, with clouds hovering over the Arabian Gulf and Sea of Oman.
— المركز الوطني للأرصاد (@NCMS_media) May 19, 2019
NCMS Thunderstorm Warning
- Be careful when driving in the rain, with reduced horizontal visibility
- Stay away from rough seas and areas where flash flooding could occur
Tips for Driving in Fog and Rain
- Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front, be prepared for any sudden incident.
- Avoid picking up mobile calls while driving.
- Clean windshield and windows to ensure clear visibility.
- Avoid speeding up. Drive at less than the speed limit.
- Do not switch on the 4-light hazard unless its emergency
- Check your vehicle condition especially headlights, wipers, tyres and brakes that boost driver’s visibility and control your vehicle during rainy spells.