Wuhan Coronavirus that has killed 132 people in China and infected 6000 people so far, has been confirmed by UAE.
Reported by WAM, UAE State News Agency, the Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, has announced the first case of new coronavirus in the UAE for members of a family arriving from the Chinese city of Wuhan. In its statement issued on Wednesday, the Ministry added that “the health condition of those infected is stable and under medical observation.”
MoHAP confirmed that, in coordination with health authorities and the concerned authorities in the country, it has taken “all the necessary precautions in accordance with the scientific recommendations, conditions and standards approved by the World Health Organisation.”
“The general health condition is not a cause for concern,” it emphasised.
The Ministry stressed that the epidemiological investigation centres in the country are working around the clock to early report any cases of the virus, noting that the health system in the country “works very efficiently and that the ministry is closely following the situation in a way that guarantees the health and safety of everyone.”
Symptoms of Coronavirus
According to WHO, Common signs of infection include
- respiratory symptoms
- shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Steps for Prevention
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include
- regular hand washing
- covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
- thoroughly cooking meat and eggs.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.