In Dubai, applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to be issued a driver’s license. Probationary licenses are available to drivers between the ages of 18 and 21. Application for a driving license in Arabic must be made at the RTA (Road and Traffic Authority). The applicant has to complete tests including knowledge and road tests in Dubai.
Procedure to apply for Dubai driving license:
- A driving school certified by the Dubai Roads and Transportation Authority (RTA) is the best place to start.
- Complete all online or in-person driving school theory classes.
- Get an eye examination. Your driving school or an optometrist can perform this service for you.
- Get your eyes checked out. You can have this service done by your driving school or an optometrist if needed.
- For practical training, pass the theory exam.
- Go for an internal assessment after completing all of the practical classes
- After passing the internal assessment, you’ll need to take highway and city road classes.
- Successfully pass the school’s internal parking test in order to apply for the RTA exam
- Once you pass the test, you can take the final RTA road test.
- Take the necessary steps to become licensed.
Documents Required (driving license and knowledge and road tests in Dubai)
- Emirates ID card
- Passport along with visa pages
- 2 passport size photo
- Eye Test result.
Eligibility required for the Knowledge test, Yard test, and Road Test
- For trainees who have finished the theoretical lectures and have established a traffic file.
- those who completed the training requirements and passed both the Knowledge test and the Institute Evaluation test are eligible for certification.
- For those who have passed the Knowledge and Yard tests and fulfilled all training requirements, or for customers who want to transfer their driving license from automatic to manual.
What are the service fees (knowledge and road tests in Dubai)?
- 200 AED RTA test fees
- +20 AED Knowledge and Innovation fees.
- 320 AED to reschedule the test date in case the applicant wanted to prepone an already booked test.
What is the validity of the test?
- This is Valid until the appointment date.
How many questions would be included in the knowledge test and how many must be answered correctly?
- Number of questions included in the test: 40
- Minimum correct answers required to clear it: 30.
How to apply for Knowledge and road test?
You can check here.
How to pass the Road test in Dubai?
- On the date allotted, go with your passport, driving file, two pictures to the RTA Licence Section as recommended by your driving school.
- Fill up the application and submit the fees Dh200.
- To get another road test, you will have to go back to your driving school and sign up for at least seven more classes. You will also have to get a new date for the test.
- If you pass the test, then collect the approval letter from the inspector. Go to the pass counter and submit Id and pay fees of 100 Dh.
- Take your test file and send it to the Control Counter. After processing and paying the fees.
- In a few minutes, you will receive DL.
Tips to clear
- Dress like a big CEO of the company
- Do not wear Sunglasses
- Just obey the rules of the examiner.
- Adjust the seat, mirror, and fasten your seat belt.
- Check handbrake
- maintain good speed
- Keep a safe distance
- When you are on the road watch the signals carefully
- Changing lane
- Never enter roundabout
- Do not park in front of any entrance
- Don’t apply hard brakes
How to pass a knowledge test ( theory test)
- Yes, the Dubai RTA Exam is hard to pass. So, to pass the RTA Dubai theory test, you should learn basic driving concepts (road signs, traffic rules, and regulations) and use a practice question bank to learn them.
Share this page!