No more running to the Embassy! Indian expats in Dubai and Northern Emirates who need to apply Indian passports in UAE can submit their application online. Thanks to the Global Passport Seva Project! Applying for Indian passports can never be easier since now it will all be done online.
Indian Passports Online
While the new online process has already come into effect on April 7, all passport services, such as fresh/re-issuance of passport, re-validations, birth registry and issuing passports to newborns will be processed digitally. This has finally made passport services more attainable. Not only that, it has eliminated all paperwork and decreased the processing time. Perhaps, now you can get your passport issued in less than 4 working days.
Global Passport Seva Project
The new online process has been implemented under the Global Passport Seva Project. While the project is a part of the flagship Passport Seva Programme of the Ministry of External Affairs, it was first inaugurated outside India at the high commission of India in London last year. In UAE, the Indian missions process thousands of passports per year, with the consulate and embassy issuing a total of 272,500 passports in 2018. But with the new online process, processing and issuance of passports will be more convenient and faster.
How to Apply?
- Visit the portal for Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates
- Select the country UAE
- Click on ‘Register’ and create a user ID. Do one time registration
- Login with the newly created user ID. The applicant will be directed to his/her Home Page
- To file a new application, click on the link “Apply for Ordinary Passport/Emergency Certificate/Police Clearance Certificate/Surrender of Indian Passport/Diplomatic Passport/Official Passport”
- Fill in the online application form, submit it
- After submitting, take a print out of the application.
- Affix your child’s photo at the designated place
- Lastly, submit the printout along with the required documents and prescribed fee at the nearest BLS Centre.
The application needs to be signed before the submission officer at BLS