What is VAT registration in Dubai, UAE?
A firm that is registered under the VAT law is recognized by the government as a provider of goods and services and is permitted to charge consumers VAT and submit that VAT to the government.
All registered enterprises must match their reporting structures with the compliance standards, including keeping correct and current books of accounts, tax-paid papers such as Tax invoices, credit notes, debit notes, and records of all incoming and outgoing supplies, among other things.
- Valid Trade Licence / Business Licence.
- Passport/Emirates ID of the authorized signatory.
- Proof of authorization for the authorized signatory.
- Invoices, purchase orders, title deeds, and leasing agreements are examples of supporting financial papers. A monthly turnover declaration for the stated periods that is signed and stamped by the authorized signatory on the printed letterhead of the organization is also required.
- If the registration request relates to a federal or municipal government entity, a copy of the act establishes the entity.
Where to register for VAT in Dubai?
- Sign-up for an e-Services account through the FTA’s website and activate it.
- Access the e-Services account dashboard.
- Click on “Add New Taxable Person”.
- Click on “Register for VAT”.
- Complete the registration process.
How to cancel the VAT registration in Dubai?
- On the dashboard, against the VAT registration, click on the ‘De-Register’ button.
- Taxable Person Details are pre-populated in the de-registration application.
- Provide the reason and date for cancellation.
- Upload all the relevant supporting documents.
- FTA may ask you to provide additional supporting documents.
- Before submitting the application form, check and double-check the authorized signature and declaration area.
- update the email address.
Where to update if you want to change the contact details or bank details etc for VAT in Dubai?
- Log in to the eServices portal.
- Click on the profile
- And update the contact details or bank details.