How to check travel ban when you are inside the UAE?
It is very anxious if you have travel ban particularly when you are in urgent need to travel outside UAE. Here are some ways to check whether you have travel ban in UAE. You can check
- through your emirate’s police app
- by hiring a legal lawyer
- through Immigration department
- through the courts or public prosecution in your emirate which can be done on the website
How to check travel ban through Dubai Police app?
You can check the travel ban and any criminal status in financial cases through
- Go to Dubai Police app and select ‘services’.
- Click ‘Criminal Status of Financial cases’
- Enter the Emirates ID number.
- Once your Emirates ID number is verified, you will receive a one-time password (OTP) in your registered mobile number
- If you have travel ban, you will be notified immediately to contact the relevant department.
Dubai Police contact number, Email, address
Phone: Direct Line 901
Mail address: PO Box 1493
How to check travel ban in Abu Dhabi?
UAE residents can check the travel ban and any criminal status in Abu Dhabi through the Estasfer service – Judicial Department of Abu Dhabi.
- Enter the unified ID (UID) number to access the Estasfer service
- UID number is a 6 digit number which is found on the UAE visa stamped on the passport.
How to check travel ban in Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Fujairah?
You can check the travel ban in Ras Al Khaimah through court or public prosecution from Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) government’s official website
- Keep the case number and the year to check the case status.
- If you do not have case number, you can check the case number at the Ras Al Khaimah police station and ask for the CID section to place an inquiry.
- You can contact Ras Al Khaimah’s Public Prosecution on 07 2070000 to make an enquiry.
You can check the travel ban in Sharjah through court or public prosecution or police from Sharjah police official website
You can check the travel ban in Ajman through court or public prosecution or police from Ajman Police official website
You can check the travel ban in Umm Al Quwain through court or public prosecution or police from Umm Al Quwain police official website
You can check the travel ban in Fujairah through court or public prosecution or police from Fujairah police official website
How to lift the travel ban in UAE?
Once the case is resolved through the above mentioned steps, the travel ban gets lifted automatically. If it is not lifted automatically, you can check the below steps to find out what you can do:
Request lifting travel ban through Dubai police and Dubai court
In Dubai, you can check the travel ban status through Dubai police where you will be informed to contact the relevant department.
Once you have cleared all the due for travel ban, you can request Dubai court to lift the travel ban. Attach the request letter stated the reason of the travel ban and the supporting documents here
Service charge: Free
Lift the travel ban in Abu Dhabi
Once you have cleared all the due for travel ban, you can request TAMM Abu Dhabi regarding a criminal case here.
- Submit the application and the required documents at the Abu Dhabi court online or through website.
- Once the application is submitted to the public prosecutor, it will be processed for the approval and if it is approved, you will receive a copy of the cancellation of the travel ban via registered email.
- Required documents are Emirates ID and Power of Attorney
Service fee: Dhs20
How to check travel ban when you are outside the UAE?
If you are outside of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), still you can check the travel ban by hiring a legal lawyer on your behalf to enquire.
For more details, visit here