Procedure to apply (become) a Licensed Tour Guide Permit in Dubai?
- You must first finish the Dubai Tour Guide Programme to obtain a license. You will receive the fundamental instruction and resources to communicate with foreign guests and build the customer service skills necessary to create excellent experiences.
- The course entails independent pre-work, classroom instruction at the Dubai College of Tourism, written exams, and assessments. Additionally, candidates must present in front of an audience and participate in a group evaluation. You can only work as a certified tour guide after successfully completing this training.
- Check out the guidelines here.
Steps to join Tour guide permit
- Create an account.
- Submit all the documents and you will get notification of your document status within 48 hours. Once verified, proceed to the payment section.
- Make a payment for the Dubai Way programme of AED 750.
- The Dubai Way program must be completed by the student, who must view all the videos, do all the tasks, and pass the final exam.
- Then, you will be redirected to Make a knowledge assessment and interview payment of AED 1,520.
- Study from the list of attractions, and then use the system to schedule a knowledge assessment appointment. Online multiple-choice questions are used in the knowledge evaluation to gauge students’ understanding. The student will be scheduled for the one-on-one interview after passing the evaluation.
- You will be taken to a Dubai Smart Government payment channel to make the AED 5,250 skills development payment.
- The students must finish this step by watching the videos, carrying out the assigned tasks, and taking the final evaluation of their skill level.
- After passing the skills development assessment, the student must use the system to schedule a one-on-one appointment for a practical assessment. During the practical assessment, the student will be randomly assigned a route, and they must perform a tour by providing a proper introduction, information on the route’s features, and a precise conclusion.
- The tour guide must complete the course feedback form after successfully completing and passing the practical assessment. Within two working days of submitting the feedback form, the student can get the tour guide e-license.
- Be at least 18 years old or above
- Have at least graduated from High School
- English communication skills (level 5, upper intermediate, or above)
- First aid certificate obtained from UAE
- NOC letter from your sponsor
- An Emirates ID
- Passport-sized photo with a white background.
- A Police Clearance Certificate from Dubai Police
- English: AED 7,500 Mandarin: AED 9,810 (+ AED 10 knowledge fee + AED 10 innovation fee).
- Free of cost for Emirati nationals.
- Offering 30% on all courses, excluding additional fees, until further notice.
Share this page!