Why do you need a license for liquor/alcohol?
In the city, there is lively nightlife and alcohol is readily available. A liquor license is required in Dubai in order to legally purchase and consume alcohol. It is legal to purchase, transport, and store liquor in one’s home in Dubai if one has a “drinking license.” It’s easy to apply and obtain an Alcohol / Liquor License / Permit in Dubai.
What is the eligibility?
- To obtain a Dubai alcohol license, you must be at least 21 years old.
- There is a Non-Muslim requirement for holders of a liquor permit in Dubai.
- A valid Emirates ID is required for all UAE nationals.
What are the documents required?
- Emirates ID
- Residents were required to present a salary certificate proving a monthly salary of at least AED 3,000.
What is the procedure to apply for an Alcohol / Liquor License / Permit in Dubai?
- Make your application in a number of ways. It’s possible to apply online, in person at an African + Eastern store, or have an application packet delivered to your home.
- You must visit a licensed alcohol distributor in Dubai in order to apply in person.
- As soon as you arrive at the store, you’ll be asked to fill out a few forms and present your Emirates ID or NOC if necessary.
- Fill in all the details
- Licenses are typically issued within four weeks of submitting an application.
- While your new application is being processed, a temporary license will be issued to you, allowing you to purchase alcoholic beverages immediately.
What is the cost of a license?
The price is AED 270 per year to obtain a new license in Dubai.
What is the validity?
It is valid for 1 year.
Can you buy alcohol in the rest of the emirates with your Dubai license or Dubai resident?
- In the other emirates, you can buy alcohol without a license, except in Sharjah, which is dry.
- But if you want to bring it back to Dubai, you’ll need a permit.
- When it comes to buying and drinking alcohol in Abu Dhabi, residents no longer need a license.
- However, a permit is still required in Dubai, making it the lone emirate among the seven to maintain this policy.
How to order alcohol online in Dubai?
It’s easy to order Alcohol online.
- Choose from your favorite brands.
- Make the payment.
- it is easy to be delivered to the location of your choice.
- You must be at least 21 years old and must have a Dubai license.
What is the minimum order to do online?
yes requires a minimum purchase of AED 150. (including 30 percent municipality tax and 5 percent VAT).
Is there an extra charge to order online?
No there is no extra charge.
How to renew the license?
One year is the maximum period for which licenses can be used.
- Aged 21 or older
- UAE resident
- Must have a monthly income of at least 3,000 AED.
- Expired license
- 2 passport-size photos.
- Must bring a copy of Passport with residence visa.
- Tenancy agreement or property deeds currently registered in Ejari (copy).
Procedure to apply
- Gather a renewal application from any MMI or A+E location.
- Complete the form and get stamped by the employer.
- Fill out the application and send it in with the required documentation, along with the appropriate fee.
What are the renewal charges?
Who issues Liquor licenses?
The Dubai Police General Headquarter (‘DPGH’) issues liquor licenses in Dubai.
What are the types of liquor licenses?
Four types of license
- Type A: Licence to import liquor.
- Type B: Licence to sell liquor to third parties from a shop or warehouse.
- Type C: Licence to serve liquor within a hotel, club, or restaurant.
- Type D: Licence to purchase liquor.
In addition to the above license types, Article 2 of the Liquor Control Law states that the DPGH may, on the basis of an application, grant a person a license to export liquor outside the Emirate, subject to a specific quota restraint.
Permissive activities of Type C: Licence to serve liquor within a hotel, club, or restaurant.
- if you have a liquor import license or a license to sell liquor from a warehouse, you can buy liquor from the warehouse of the person who holds it;
- the hotel, club, or restaurant licensed to serve alcoholic beverages should receive the liquor and keep it on hand;
- In compliance with the Dubai Penal Code and other regulations in effect at the time and in accordance with directions issued by the Chief Commander of Dubai Police, licensed establishments such as hotels, clubs, and restaurants may serve liquor for immediate consumption.
Features of Type C: Licence to serve liquor within a hotel, club, or restaurant.
- the liquor can be sold and served at any bar, as well as in the adjoining bar lounge or coffee shop
- liquor may not be sold or served to persons under the age of 21 years;
- liquor may only be served in the restaurant to persons about to partake of, partaking of, or having recently partaken of a full meal;
- liquor can be served to hotel guests in their rooms during non-licensing hours;