Procedures to apply for a marriage grant in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain
About marriage grant
Marriage grant is a sum of money provided by UAE government to establish an Emirati family and to encourage Emirati man marrying a Emirati women. The Marriage Grant will be automatically transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- Register here and create a profile by enter your details such as Name, Email, Emirates ID, Nationality.
- All Emiratis who wanted to apply for a marriage grant in UAE can apply in Ministry of Community Development (MOCD) website.
- Click “Request a Marriage Grant” to start the service.
- Submit all the required documents mentioned below.
- You must fulfil the conditions and requirements as mentioned below.
What are the terms and conditions / eligibility to apply for a marriage grant?
- Both partners must be UAE nationals (citizens)
- The age of man should not be lesser than 21 Gregorian years and the age of women should not be lesser than 18 Gregorian years
- Those who are unable to afford the marriage expenses
- Those with limited means of income
- Anyone benefitting from social assistance
- The husband’s net monthly income must not exceed AED 25,000 after excluding retirement and housing allowance.
- Submit the marriage grant application with in 6 months from the marriage contract date.
- Once applied for a marriage grant, the husband and his wife must attend an educational session conducted by the Ministry during the period of one year.
- The husband must not have benefited from any marriage grant or any other grant previously.
- Fulfil all the required documents mentioned below.
What are the documents required to apply for a marriage grant in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain)?
The following documents must be submitted upon applying for a marriage grant in UAE.
- Marriage contract photocopy authorized by the competent court.
- Both partner’s Emirates ID card.
- Both partner’s registration summary copies, in addition to the page of the first child and page number (32).
- Copy of family book of Husband’s father which also states the cancellation date.
- Salary certificate and any proof to prove the applicant’s net monthly income.
- Land ownership, real estate, and commercial license statement from where your passport issued, n addition to a statement from the Planning and Survey Department (only for applicants from the Emirate of Sharjah).
- Last 6 months bank statement from the submission date
- Obtain a letter from the bank with the international bank account number (IBAN) stated of the beneficiary to transfer the grant amount.
- Original or certified copy from the competent court approving the legal entry in the presence of the wife or her guardian, or the child’s birth certificate or a copy of the child’s addition to the registration summary during the calendar year of receiving the marriage grant
For more details, visit here
SERVICE FEES: Free Service
For any queries, call 800623