What is Dubai Taxi for Special Needs?
Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC), a part of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), provides specialized transportation services for Dubai Taxi for People of Determination (POD). A People of Determination Taxi service, also known as a Special Wheel for a Special Need, is provided by this company.
It is possible to reserve it in advance through the Dispatch Center for all of your destination needs throughout the United Arab Emirates.
Vehicles of this type can be identified by the universal special needs blue icon insignia that appears on the side passenger doors and back window of each of the vehicles.
Who is eligible in Dubai Special needs taxi? (Dubai Taxi for People of Determination (POD))
- You should be a national or resident of the UAE.
- To have a medical or psychological diagnosis and to have the Department of Care and Rehabilitation for People with Determination’s approval of such diagnosis.
- Documentation from a healthcare professional or psychologist demonstrating the nature and degree of a condition and the necessary tools or assistive equipment.
- The applicant must fall into one of the following categories: (mental, auditory, visual, physical, autistic, multiple)
What are the benefits that the Dubai Government is providing for people of determination to use the Dubai Taxi?
- Safe journey of people with special needs
- Modern & highly-equipped vehicles are available for moving.
- Professional & highly trained drivers.
- Available at Dubai Airports 1, 2 & 3
- Available 24/7
- You can check the discounts here.
Is there any proof to be shown when hiring the taxi?
- Yes. You need to show the People of determination ID card
What are the fares?
- The meter starts at AED 25 – the kilometer is calculated at AED 1.96 (from the airport).
- The meter starts at AED 5 from 6 am to 10 pm.
- The meter starts from 5.5 dirhams from 10 pm to 6 am.
- AED 12 – AED 10 in case of booking and distribution.