Updated on 25th September 2020
Retail Gold Rate in Dubai today
|Carat||Gold Rate in AED (per gram)|
Gold Price in Dubai is fixed every day, by the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group, based on the London Gold Market. Dubai’s Department of Economic Development displays the current gold price in digital notice boards at prominent gold trading locations including Gold Souq and Gold & Diamond Park.
Recent Dubai Gold Price Trends (per gram)
|25th September 2020||224.25||210.5||201||172.25|
|24th September 2020||227.5||213.75||204||175.75|
|23rd September 2020||228.5||214.5||204.75||175.5|
|22nd September 2020||231.5||217.5||207.5||177.75|
|21st September 2020||236||221.75||211.5||181.25|
|20th September 2020||236||221.75||211.5||181.25|
|19th September 2020||236.75||222.5||212.5||182|
|18th September 2020||234.5||220.5||210.25||180.25|
|17th September 2020||235||220.75||210.75||180.5|
|16th September 2020||236.75||222.25||212.25||181.75|
|15th September 2020||237.25||223||212.75||182.25|
|14th September 2020||235.75||221.5||211.5||181.25|
|13th September 2020||235||220.75||210.5||180.5|
|12th September 2020||235.5||221.25||211||181|
|11th September 2020||234.75||220.5||210.5||180.5|
|10th September 2020||235.75||221.5||211.25||181|
|09th September 2020||231.75||217.75||207.75||178|
|08th September 2020||231.75||217.75||207.75||178|
|07th September 2020||234||219.75||209.75||179.75|
|06th September 2020||234||219.75||209.75||179.75|
|05th September 2020||234.5||220.5||210.25||180.25|
|04th September 2020||234.5||220.5||210.25||180.25|
|03rd September 2020||235.25||221||211||180.75|
|02nd September 2020||235.25||221||211||180.75|
|01st September 2020||238.5||224||213.75||183.25|
|31st August 2020||238.5||224||213.75||183.25|
|28th August 2020||235.25||221||211||180.75|
|27th August 2020||235.25||221||211||180.75|
|26th August 2020||234.25||220||210||180|
|25th August 2020||234.5||220.5||210.25||180.25|
|24th August 2020||234||219.75||209.75||179.75|
There are multiple price components while buying gold at a jewellery shop.Buying Gold in Dubai : Gold buying tips
- Actual gold weight.
- The weight of the jewellery is usually calculated including the weight of gem stones. The gem stones are generally considered as low valued, compared to the gold.
- Making charges for the gold jewellery
- Making charges are fixed as a % of the weight of the gold and added to the price of the jewellery. Intricate designs are usually priced at a higher % than simpler designs.
- Actual gold weight.
- It is advisable to invest in Gold coins or bars if the purpose of buying gold is only for investment since gold coins and gold bars are usually charged nil making charges and do not contain any worthless gem stones
- Every jewellery shop, including the large ones always provide a discount. Always haggle on the making charges % and reduce it as much as possible.
- Find out if the shops have a reward program and capitalize on any cash back that they provide as part of the rewards programs
Gold Carats explained
A carat is 1/24 part of pure gold by weight
- 24 carat = pure gold
- 22 carat = 22 parts pure gold, 2 parts other metals
- 21 carat = 21 parts pure gold, 3 parts other metals
- 18 carat = 18 parts pure gold, 6 parts other metals
How is International Gold Price Calculated?
The international gold price is set by the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA). It is determined by auctions that takes place twice a day. The participants of the LBMA are Bank of China, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Scotia-Mocatta , Societe Generale, Standard Chartered, and UBS.