Updated on 22nd August 2019
Retail Gold Rate in Dubai today
|Carat||Gold Rate in AED (per gram)|
Gold Price in Dubai is fixed every day, by the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group, based on the London Gold Market. Dubai’s Department of Economic Development displays the current gold price in digital notice boards at prominent gold trading locations including Gold Souq and Gold & Diamond Park.
Recent Dubai Gold Price Trends (per gram)
|22nd August 2019||181.75||170.75||163||139.5|
|21st August 2019||182||171||163.25||140|
|20th August 2019||181||170||162.25||139.25|
|19th August 2019||181.25||170.25||162.25||139.25|
|18th August 2019||183.25||172.25||164.25||140.75|
|17th August 2019||183.25||172.25||164.25||140.75|
|16th August 2019||184.25||173||165.25||141.5|
|15th August 2019||184.25||173||165.25||141.5|
|14th August 2019||181.75||170.75||163||139.5|
|13th August 2019||184.75||173.75||165.75||142|
|12th August 2019||182.25||171.25||163.25||140|
|11th August 2019||182.25||171.25||163.25||140|
|10th August 2019||182||171||163||139.75|
|09th August 2019||182||171||163||139.75|
|08th August 2019||181.75||170.75||163||139.5|
|07th August 2019||177||166.25||158.75||136|
|06th August 2019||177||166.25||158.75||136|
|05th August 2019||176||165.25||157.75||135.25|
|04th August 2019||174.5||163.75||156.25||134|
|03rd August 2019||170.25||160||152.75||130.75|
|02nd August 2019||170.25||160||152.75||130.75|
|01st August 2019||170.75||160.25||153||131.25|
|31st July 2019||173||162.5||155.25||133|
|30th July 2019||172.75||162.25||154.75||132.75|
|29th July 2019||172||161.5||154.25||132.25|
|28th July 2019||171.75||161.25||154||132|
|27th July 2019||171.75||161.25||154||132|
|26th July 2019||172.75||162.25||154.75||132.75|
|25th July 2019||173||162.5||155||132.75|
|24th July 2019||173||162.5||155||133|
|23rd July 2019||173||162.5||155||133|
|22nd July 2019||173||162.5||155||132.75|
|21st July 2019||172.75||162.25||154.75||132.75|
There are multiple price components while buying gold at a jewellery shop.Buying Gold in Dubai : Gold buying tips
- Actual gold weight.
- The weight of the jewellery is usually calculated including the weight of gem stones. The gem stones are generally considered as low valued, compared to the gold.
- Making charges for the gold jewellery
- Making charges are fixed as a % of the weight of the gold and added to the price of the jewellery. Intricate designs are usually priced at a higher % than simpler designs.
- Actual gold weight.
- It is advisable to invest in Gold coins or bars if the purpose of buying gold is only for investment since gold coins and gold bars are usually charged nil making charges and do not contain any worthless gem stones
- Every jewellery shop, including the large ones always provide a discount. Always haggle on the making charges % and reduce it as much as possible.
- Find out if the shops have a reward program and capitalize on any cash back that they provide as part of the rewards programs
Gold Carats explained
A carat is 1/24 part of pure gold by weight
- 24 carat = pure gold
- 22 carat = 22 parts pure gold, 2 parts other metals
- 21 carat = 21 parts pure gold, 3 parts other metals
- 18 carat = 18 parts pure gold, 6 parts other metals
How is International Gold Price Calculated?
The international gold price is set by the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA). It is determined by auctions that takes place twice a day. The participants of the LBMA are Bank of China, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Scotia-Mocatta , Societe Generale, Standard Chartered, and UBS.