Updated on 22nd January 2020
Retail Gold Rate in Dubai today
|Carat||Gold Rate in AED (per gram)|
Gold Price in Dubai is fixed every day, by the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group, based on the London Gold Market. Dubai’s Department of Economic Development displays the current gold price in digital notice boards at prominent gold trading locations including Gold Souq and Gold & Diamond Park.
Recent Dubai Gold Price Trends (per gram)
|22nd January 2020||188.25||176.75||168.75||144.5|
|21st January 2020||188.75||177.5||169.25||145|
|20th January 2020||188.5||177.25||169||145|
|19th January 2020||188.5||177.25||169||145|
|18th January 2020||188.5||177.25||169||145|
|17th January 2020||188.25||177||168.75||144.75|
|16th January 2020||188.25||177||168.75||144.75|
|15th January 2020||188.25||177||168.75||144.75|
|14th January 2020||186.5||175.25||167||143.25|
|13th January 2020||188.25||177||168.75||144.75|
|12th January 2020||189.25||177.75||169.5||145.25|
|11th January 2020||189.25||177.75||169.5||145.25|
|10th January 2020||187.5||176||168||144|
|09th January 2020||190.75||179||171||146.5|
|08th January 2020||192.75||181.25||172.75||148.25|
|07th January 2020||188.75||177.5||169.25||145|
|06th January 2020||190.75||179.25||171||146.5|
|05th January 2020||188||176.5||168.5||144.5|
|04th January 2020||188||176.5||168.5||144.5|
|03rd January 2020||186.5||175||167||143.25|
|02nd January 2020||185||173.75||166||142.25|
|01st January 2020||183.75||172.5||164.75||141.25|
|31st December 2019||184.5||173.25||165.5||141.75|
|30th December 2019||183||172||164||140.5|
|29th December 2019||183||172||164||140.5|
|28th December 2019||182.25||171.25||163.25||140|
|27th December 2019||182.25||171.25||163.25||140|
|26th December 2019||182.25||171.25||163.25||140|
|25th December 2019||181.5||170.5||162.75||139.5|
|24th December 2019||180.75||169.75||162||138.75|
|23rd December 2019||179.5||168.5||160.75||137.75|
|22nd December 2019||179||168.25||160.5||137.75|
There are multiple price components while buying gold at a jewellery shop.Buying Gold in Dubai : Gold buying tips
- Actual gold weight.
- The weight of the jewellery is usually calculated including the weight of gem stones. The gem stones are generally considered as low valued, compared to the gold.
- Making charges for the gold jewellery
- Making charges are fixed as a % of the weight of the gold and added to the price of the jewellery. Intricate designs are usually priced at a higher % than simpler designs.
- Actual gold weight.
- It is advisable to invest in Gold coins or bars if the purpose of buying gold is only for investment since gold coins and gold bars are usually charged nil making charges and do not contain any worthless gem stones
- Every jewellery shop, including the large ones always provide a discount. Always haggle on the making charges % and reduce it as much as possible.
- Find out if the shops have a reward program and capitalize on any cash back that they provide as part of the rewards programs
Gold Carats explained
A carat is 1/24 part of pure gold by weight
- 24 carat = pure gold
- 22 carat = 22 parts pure gold, 2 parts other metals
- 21 carat = 21 parts pure gold, 3 parts other metals
- 18 carat = 18 parts pure gold, 6 parts other metals
How is International Gold Price Calculated?
The international gold price is set by the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA). It is determined by auctions that takes place twice a day. The participants of the LBMA are Bank of China, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Scotia-Mocatta , Societe Generale, Standard Chartered, and UBS.