Updated on 10th February 2021
Retail Gold Rate in Dubai today
|Carat||Gold Rate in AED (per gram)|
Gold Price in Dubai is fixed every day, by the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group, based on the London Gold Market. Dubai’s Department of Economic Development displays the current gold price in digital notice boards at prominent gold trading locations including Gold Souq and Gold & Diamond Park.
Recent Dubai Gold Price Trends (per gram)
|10th February 2021||223.5||210||200.5||171.75|
|09th February 2021||221.75||208.25||198.75||170.5|
|08th February 2021||219.75||206.5||197||169|
|07th February 2021||219.75||206.5||197||169|
|06th February 2021||219.75||206.5||197||169|
|05th February 2021||219.5||206.25||196.75||168.75|
|04th February 2021||220.5||207.25||197.75||169.5|
|03rd February 2021||222.75||209.25||199.75||171.25|
|02nd February 2021||226||212.25||202.5||173.5|
|01st February 2021||223.75||210.25||200.75||172|
|31st January 2021||223.75||210.25||200.75||172|
|30th January 2021||223.75||210.25||200.75||172|
|29th January 2021||223||209.25||199.75||171.25|
|28th January 2021||222.5||209||199.5||171|
|27th January 2021||223.75||210.25||200.5||172|
|26th January 2021||225.75||212||202.25||173.25|
|25th January 2021||225.75||212||202.25||173.25|
|24th January 2021||225.75||212||202.25||173.25|
|23rd January 2021||225.25||211.75||202||173|
|22nd January 2021||225.25||211.75||202||173|
|21st January 2021||225||211.25||201.5||172.75|
|20th January 2021||223.25||209.75||200||171.5|
|19th January 2021||221.75||208.25||198.75||170.5|
|18th January 2021||221.5||208||198.5||170.25|
|17th January 2021||224.25||210.75||201||172.25|
|16th January 2021||224.25||210.75||201||172.25|
|15th January 2021||223||209.5||200||171.25|
|14th January 2021||222.75||209.25||199.75||171.25|
|13th January 2021||225.25||211.5||201.75||173|
|12th January 2021||224||210.5||200.75||172.25|
|11th January 2021||224.25||210.5||201||172.25|
|10th January 2021||228.75||215||205||175.75|
|09th January 2021||228.75||215||205||175.75|
There are multiple price components while buying gold at a jewellery shop.Buying Gold in Dubai : Gold buying tips
- Actual gold weight.
- The weight of the jewellery is usually calculated including the weight of gem stones. The gem stones are generally considered as low valued, compared to the gold.
- Making charges for the gold jewellery
- Making charges are fixed as a % of the weight of the gold and added to the price of the jewellery. Intricate designs are usually priced at a higher % than simpler designs.
- Actual gold weight.
- It is advisable to invest in Gold coins or bars if the purpose of buying gold is only for investment since gold coins and gold bars are usually charged nil making charges and do not contain any worthless gem stones
- Every jewellery shop, including the large ones always provide a discount. Always haggle on the making charges % and reduce it as much as possible.
- Find out if the shops have a reward program and capitalize on any cash back that they provide as part of the rewards programs
Gold Carats explained
A carat is 1/24 part of pure gold by weight
- 24 carat = pure gold
- 22 carat = 22 parts pure gold, 2 parts other metals
- 21 carat = 21 parts pure gold, 3 parts other metals
- 18 carat = 18 parts pure gold, 6 parts other metals
How is International Gold Price Calculated?
The international gold price is set by the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA). It is determined by auctions that takes place twice a day. The participants of the LBMA are Bank of China, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Scotia-Mocatta , Societe Generale, Standard Chartered, and UBS.