Job description / Role
A Global Management Consulting Firm is seeking a Senior Vice President with specific expertise in Corporate Turnaround Restructuring, for their Middle East Office. The position is Dubai based but would involve extensive travel across the GCC.
• The TRS Senior Vice President role is an experienced level position that supports one or more client engagement teams.
• A TRS SVP will have direct operational and financial restructuring advisory and/or distressed debt portfolios experience coupled with strong financial and analytical skills.
• In addition to strong data management, interpersonal, writing, and communication skills and executive presence, the TRS SVP is expected to have hands-on experience building / developing integrated business models, analyzing and drafting 3-statement financial and 13 week cash flow models.
• Ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging in-and-out of court turnaround and restructuring situations and willingness to undertake extensive travel is required.
• At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
• A minimum of eight to ten years of relevant financial/operational restructuring experience gained in consulting, private equity, banking or industry.
• Master’s degree/MBA with evidence of strong academic success. Degree(s) in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or foreign equivalent”
• Substantial experience in financial/operational restructuring situations such as: Financial and operational turnaround programmes; Cash and working capital management; Building, reviewing and maintaining short term cash flow models; Formulating, reviewing and analyzing business plans and financial forecasts; Implementation of cost reduction programmes; Supporting Chief Restructuring Officer roles and Chief Financial Officer roles; Balance sheet restructurings.
• Strong financial analysis and modelling skills with a solid understanding of financial statements. A track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client’s needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including: executing projects according to established team norms, defining roles, and expectations; coaching and developing direct reports; and capitalising on the strengths of each team member on projects; delivery of influential client communications with clarity and confidence.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with the high-energy, flexibility and adaptability required to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.