Job description / Role
Our client a large international Multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy requires a Structural Inspector to be based on a variety of projects throughout Dubai.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Reading and understanding the package contract documents, detailed drawings & specifications
• Ensuring the contractor(s) are complying with the standards and specifications of the contract through observation, measurements, and testing
• Undertaking all site supervision and inspections when required
• Documenting, in the areas assigned to the Inspector, the work carried out by the contractor
• Report on materials delivery
• Apply and implement all quality controls and quality procedures of the site.
• Prepare site measurements and surveying checks
• Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on violations
To apply for the role you should meet most of the following criteria;
• Be educated to a minimum of diploma level in Civil/ Structural Engineering or similar (degree preferred)
• Have a minimum of 7 - 10 years construction supervision experience
• Have at least 3 - 5 years construction supervision experience working for an engineering consultancy
• Have at least 2 years experience working in the UAE
• Currently reside in the UAE and be able to attend face to face interview next week
• Have a good knowledge in basic design requirements and be familiar with Electrical methodologies including installation processes and procedures.
• Have a good knowledge of the relevant Building Codes.
• Have experience in Buildings of all types in particular high-rise, mixed use residential and commercial, retail and hospitality.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Be competent at writing reports