Job description / Role
Senior Resident Engineer
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Senior Resident Engineer to join our team in Dubai. The engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 20 yrs. experience working on project’s in the Middle East.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Working on high profile projects and reporting to the Site Operations Manager, your role will be to carry out various activities towards administering the construction contract as FIDIC Engineer as per the related SSH policies and procedures and industry best practice. This is a rare opportunity to develop your career with an organisation that has a strong management team, an aggressive growth plan, and is delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Middle East and North Africa region.
• Delivery of SSH Scope of Services following best practice project management principles through initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling and close-out in full compliance with SSH Policies and Procedures.
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of SSH's Scope of Services under SSH's Contract for assigned projects assuming responsibilities and authorities as delegated by the Resident Director.
• Review, monitor and notify with respect to HSE requirements against SSH and regulatory standards.
• Project reporting to the SOM on a regular basis not limited to SSH delivery performance, SSH risk management, SSH change management, SSH resource management including SSH staff performance (PDR's) ensuring all SSH KPI's are met as set out in the IMS Policies, Procedures, Manuals and Guidelines.
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the financial management of assigned projects, ensuring timely invoicing, cash collections and delivery of GMR and NLM as per baseline Cost Plan.
• Interface and communication with SSH Building Design Division and SSH Support Services towards ensuring that SSH PCMS delivery is not negatively impacted.
• Pre-Contract to Post-Contract handover, Supervision Management Plan and Close-Out Report which are to be concluded within KPI and as defined under SSH Policies and Procedures.
• Team selection, recruitment and development
• Responsibility to manage the review and approval Contractors Procurement Plan along with Project Planner
• Responsibility to implement procedures to review Contractor QA submittals such as Prequalification submittals, Shop Drawings, Material Approval Requests etc
• Projects monthly reviews and corrective actions not limited to SSH qualitative & financial performance, risk management, change management and the reporting thereof working closely with the SOM/PD.
• Contribute to Project and Construction Management Services sales and bidding activities.
• Consult with the SOM/PD on matters of new service offerings to market.
• Consult with the SOM/PD for the definition of key and other target clients, portfolio of work and competitive analysis for the territory.
• Act as the Project contract liaison with all relevant project stakeholders and Clients maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication.
• Responsibility for the allocation of resources required to deliver SSH Scope of Services in collaboration with the SOM/PD
• Responsibility for the functional report and continued development of all line reports.
• Provide facility management for the project providing the working environment and pastoral care for all staff located on site interfacing with HR.
• Consult with the SOM/PD for the derivation of key personnel retention.
What do I need to apply?
• Minimum 20 years’ relevant experience in a multi-disciplinary practice with proven experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
• Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in similar projects
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the United Arab Emirates.
• Professional Registration in the country of origin and Dubai.
• Robust FIDIC Contract experience
• Dubai Tower experience
• Experience with EMAAR beneficial.
• Experience with large high profile developers essential
• Experience with renowned International Consultancy firms.
• Arabic Speaker preferable
Engineering Degree from a recognised university – preference for Civil/Structural/Architectural.