Job description / Role
• Ensure that commercial resources are adequate for the successful delivery of the project
• Demonstrate a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and work as part of the Project Team
• Maintain and manage project risk registers to ensure early identification of risks and ensure that contingencies are in place to manage and minimize the risks.
• Implement and comply fully with NMDC Commercial Procedures at site level.
• Ensure the maximizing of cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
• Ensure that project teams have a good commercial understanding and focus, giving the appropriate motivation and leading by personal example.
• Manage the timely procurement of sub-contractors.
• Manage the prompt preparation of variations, claims and disputes.
• Promote knowledge sharing and learning and develop a team who are able to think outside the box.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
• Promote and ensure compliance with Organization’s Health & Safety policies.
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Related Degree or Diploma and relevant experience
• Working towards attainment of Professional Qualifications RICS, CIOB, ICES or similar
Function specific experience:
• Extensive Contract Knowledge, including standard experience in forms of contract e.g. FIDIC
• Management of staff
• Negotiation skills
• Contract Administration
Industry related experience:
• Marine Construction
• Civil infrastructure construction
• Microsoft Office
• ERP Oracle