Job description / Role
Consulting, Financial Services, Data & Analytics - Senior Consultant
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry/Sector: FS X-Sector
Specialism: Customer Strategy
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services (FS) consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth, Operational excellence, Customer/Front-Office transformation, Risk consulting, Technology enablement and Data & Analytics.
The FS Data & Analytics practice is a growing and exciting area. We are looking for someone who can support our established work and help grow our business. Someone who has a deep understanding and is passionate about data and its use to drive value for our clients, and has the people and intellectual sills to be able to communicate issues to a non-technical audience.
Our FS Data practice provides consulting services in the following areas:
•Information/Data Strategy - helping banking clients build a data strategy to enable them to better manage, control, utilize and monetize their data, including building a data architecture, the supporting business case, the transformation roadmap and getting stakeholder engagement.
•Data Management / Integration -helping clients build a data warehouse/data lake to better manage their data, including data sourcing / mapping, data modelling, master data management and data migration
•Data Quality and Governance - helping clients with managing the quality of their data and putting an effective governance mechanism around this, including data profiling, data remediation / cleansing and data quality reporting & controls
•Reporting and MI - helping clients to better utilize their data and provide the right MI and focus on the right KPIs through use of interactive dashboards and reports, including building information management workflows
•Data Analytics - helping clients to better monetize their data through the use of advanced analytics to drive deeper insights into its customers and operations. There are two main areas of focus under this area - Customer Analytics & Insight and Financial Crime Analytics
• Customer & marketing: next best action, customer profiling, digital and social media, churn and attrition, fees and pricing optimization, customer lifetime value, marketing effectiveness etc.
• Operations: operational efficiency, productivity, branch network analysis etc.
• Financial Crime: Financial Crime risk models, AML transaction monitoring optimization, Sanctions customer screening/payment filtering optimization, Fraud detection
• Management information - business intelligence and visualization, management reporting with BI dashboards, real-time analytics dashboards, what-if analysis, data marts etc.
• Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google, SAS) to SMEs specializing in specific technologies or industry verticals.
• Take responsibility for assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring analytics targets are met.
• Build and enhance analytics team capabilities by always being up to date with analytics trends and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
• Coach and mentor junior resources around industry business drivers and Analytics technical capabilities.
• Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
• Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Whilst being an integral part of the Analytics team, you will have a great opportunity building and shaping the team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
• Education: Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics is a must.
• Preferable qualifications: PhD in a Mathematics related field is a plus.
• Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience in Analytics & Data in Financial Services field. Strong experience in Retail and Commercial banking.
• Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus.
• In depth understanding of predictive analytics, machine learning, social network analysis and data visualization.
• Expert in mathematical modelling and using tools for data analytics and mining. Proven IT skills in analytical tools (Python, SAS, R, Tableau, Qlikview etc.)
• Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
• Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (powerpoint reports, data visualization etc.).
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
• Strong ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
• Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
• In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
• Demonstrated track record in business development and sales. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
• Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
• Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
• Demonstrated high quality planning and execution capabilities.
Travel Requirements: Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? No