Job description / Role
My client is a leading EPC contractor specialising in oil and gas and marine construction projects. They are currently looking to recruit a lead civil/structural engineer to be based in the UAE. The role will include the following;
- Ensure work is carried out competently and effectively, within time and budget constraints
- Review and optimization of EPC Project Design produced by Engineering Sub-Contractors.
- Overall supervision and follow-up of civil/structural engineers, designers and technical personnel in the expedition of civil/structural technical submissions and deliverables
- Effective interaction with client engineering team for approval of design deliverables
- Participation in Site survey and data collection for civil/structural design
- Participation in design reviews, value engineering workshops/studies
- Ensuring technical integrity of the Civil/Structural deliverables for the project. In particular ensure compliance with the work scope, Project specifications and with applicable international standards.
- Preparation and review of specifications and data sheets for Civil materials (concrete, rebars, gratings, pipe racks, fire proofing, industrial buildings, fences, metallic shelters etc.).
- Inspection and testing and technical evaluation of civil/structural materials (when required).
- Competent on studies using software for concrete and metallic structures (e.g. STAAD, ANSYS etc) and calculations of lifting beams, metallic supports.
- Preparation of rebars schedule from RC Drawings/Calculations.
- Coordination of Civil/Structural Sub-Contractors.
- Coordination with Vendors and Vendors drawing review
- Support on Construction and pre-Commissioning Teams for the preparation of the Method Statements and procedures and clearance of punch items
Candidate should have the following skills and experience;
- Graduate Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (MSc will be considered as an advantage)
- 10-15 years’ experience in engineering design preferably within EPC Contractors Technical Office or in engineering consultancy organizations, with sound experience in the designs for offshore and onshore oil and gas facilities
- Ability to function independently within a team environment.
- Involvement in a Construction Project environment will be considered an advantage
- Ability to coordinate effectively with other disciplines for inter-disciplinary interaction.
- Knowledge of International codes and standards, ADNOC and Shell DEP standards.a
- Excellent Command of English Language