Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
DFSI is responsible for the Firm's finance solutions and finance information. The Finance BI Senior Officer is focused on development of BI dashboards for the ME Finance stakeholders.The person also is responsible for completion of deliverables on time and with adherence to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
- Developing BI dashboards as per business requirements from Finance BI Manager or other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring verification and reconciliation of all dashboards and other reports prior to publication.
- Ensuring BI dashboards are kept in line with system upgrades and changes.
- Working with other members of the team to ensure BI dashboards /adhoc reports are developed and delivered to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Forecasting and Trend Analysis;
- Assisting in forecast/trend reporting and analysis as and when requested by Finance BI Manager or other key stakeholders.
- Assist in enabling reporting analysis of current and past trends and KPI's
- Monitoring performance trends and highlight and escalate unexpected variances to unit head Other Requirements;
- To have good understanding of the different systems, business processes , best system practices that are under the responsibility of the team
- To have good understanding of the reporting portals , systems and practices followed by the team
- Responsible for assisting other team members to achieve wider team objectives within technical capacity. Customer
- Liaising with different levels of management and staff from business functions on various reporting requirements and developing workable solutions
- Deliver on time and high quality reporting to stakeholders Internal Process
- Ensure that all reporting is conducted on time and accurately
- Understand the reporting cycle, processes, tools, templates and key deadlines and is ensures team works in line with them Learning & Growth
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in MI, Business Management, Computer Science, or Information Science
- MS Power BI, Qlik Language
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage Specific Experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in management information reporting environment
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the BI domain Technical Skills
- Good reporting, visualisation skills
- Good analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Experience in several of the following areas but not limited to: Cisco Network technologies, web hosting, Cyber Security. Enterprise SAN and Server/Desktop virtualisation. Enterprise Java and Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, .Net/TFS, SQL Server and SSIS).
- Ability to work collaboratively within a Management Information Teams to develop and implement a vision that reflects local nuances, but is aligned to Global direction of the firm
- In depth knowledge of designing and implementing policies and procedures related to IT Infrastructure
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills Soft Skills
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues across the function
- Excellent communications skills in English, including written communication skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Good decision making skills - Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct