Job description / Role
Works closely with the MEA engineering management and staff to assure that Parsons has engineering and design/BIM applications that support Parsons immediate needs, and long-term business plans e.g. Digital Engineering Transformation Program. Promotes standardization of engineering and Advanced Digital Engineering applications, and systems throughout MEA. Independently supplies advanced, specialized support services for Parsons Engineering Systems (ES). Performs advanced ES services that assure the engineering, design and operations functions of Parsons International or individual projects have access to effective and efficient ES at all times and in all locations.
Closely coordinates specific application requests from engineering, validating technical system requirements to assist with Parsons' software Verification and Validation (V &V) review process. Responsible for overall delivery and support of all engineering and design/BIM applications within MEA. Co-ordinates work-sharing guidelines and responsibilities amongst MEA Regional Offices. Provides technical guidance to the MEA design/BIM and engineering teams.
• Participate in MEA business planning and budgeting process.
• Research and recommend ES solutions, to assure that ES solutions are aligned with MEA Engineering activities, business goals and objectives, that ES applications and systems adequately support the existing requirements and that they continue to support long-term growth and direction.
• Support, coordinate and implement activities on the MEA Digital Engineering Roadmap with regards to the Technology solution components defined and the long-term growth of Parsons Technology advances.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of industry trends and standards in engineering and
• Design/BIM systems.
• Track development, recommend and implement the use of new technologies, ES applications and automation strategies at Parsons. Manages the introduction and use of those products within Parsons, for MEA or in individual projects.
• Develop, deliver, centralize and maintain Engineering Systems scripts using tools such as AutoDesk Dynamo.
• Recommend appropriate ES and work-sharing solutions to facilitate national and international projects and create a plan for implementing the recommendation.
• Work with engineering application vendors to evaluate the potential effectiveness of their products for implementation at Parsons.
• Recommend implementation of vendor applications and systems; plans implementation,
• Coordinates delivery and assures successful testing and use.
• Liaise with Parsons central ES team as needed.
• Identify training requirements for users of various ES applications; recommend and coordinate that training.
• Evaluate requests for modifications to ES systems based on user needs and requirements; recommends implementation of appropriate modifications, upgrades, enhancements or new systems to assure users have the necessary applications and systems support
• Work with clients, subcontractors and business partners to develop, maintain and troubleshoot shared ES systems.
• Consult with other members of the ES team (USA and MEA) to identify and resolve issues and problems related to specific design and engineering applications.
• Provide technical direction to less-experienced ES and IT staff members.
• Support Parsons technical ES requirements for large systems and major subsystems by preparing and delivering engineering and design applications that meet those delivery requirements.
• Develop complex workflows for engineering applications to meet project requirements for collaboration, work sharing (E.g., ProjectWise™, BIM 360) or other specific ES applications.
• Provide technical oversight for specific projects and tasks in specialized areas of engineering or design/BIM applications.
• Monitor, route and answer incoming Engineering Application support calls, tickets and chats.
• Maintenance of Engineering applications and Upgrades. Manage and monitor application / License servers. Manage License servers upgrade as and when required.
• Apply knowledge to effectively interpret and resolve users support issues.
• Participate in on-site client support to ensure end users are confident and knowledgeable on our systems.
• Support our applications by testing our technology and updating support collateral.
• Manage administrative tasks related to supporting system applications.
• Work collaboratively with various internal teams to consult or assist on specific IT projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related technical discipline, with heavy experience in Engineering Systems. 6-10 years of progressive experience developing technical architecture and performing project management to meet specific ES-related business requirements, using collaborative engineering or application systems.
• One or more of the following certifications preferred: Industry-related AEC certifications such as BIM, BRe or LEED. Vendor certifications (E.g., Autodesk, Bentley, Intergraph and ESRI). Microsoft Windows Operating systems (E.g., Microsoft Certified Engineer), SQL.
SKILL / COMPETENCIES:
• Heavy experience in range of 2D/BIM authoring, analysis, collaboration and proprietary software applications such as: ESRI ArcGIS, OpenRoads, OpenBridge, OpenUtilities, Revit, Civil 3D, 3DS Max, Formit, Grasshoper, AutoCAD, MicroStation, AECOSIM, Navisworks, Storm CAD, Sewer CAD, CSI Bridge, ProjectWise, BIM 360 (Filed, Design, Docs, etc) and/or similar engineering applications.
• A thorough understanding of the architecture and delivery of digital engineering, design
• applications, design collaboration systems and engineering workflow processes, design
• operations and production.
• Understanding of engineering applications delivery through streaming technology.
• Proficient in engineering collaboration technology (Bentley ProjectWise and BIM360 Docs).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
• Ability to provide software implementation training for Design Staff
• Experience with ARP resolution Pipelinefx, Cube applications.
• Knowledge of Software packaging, SQL
• Hands-on/heavy experience with BIM360 applications, Dynamo (generative design), AutoCAD, Civil3D, 3DSMax, Revit, MicroStation, Storm CAD, SewerCAD, ESRI ArcGIS, CSI Bridge etc.
• Experienced in complex digital transformation program and/or similar
• Knowledgeable in the design and use of workflows for engineering and design production.
• Experience in developing and implementing complex engineering systems. Knowledge of engineering requirements, user needs, system development and computer/LISP programming.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak very well in basic professional situations and present technical data in a logical manner that is easy to understand (may include communication via telephone, in person, or presenting to small groups).
• Ability to write moderately complex documents (may include emails, memos, procedures, presentations). Communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and managers) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
• Ability to work independently, take the initiative in identifying and resolving issues, resourcefulness in finding practical solutions.
• Close attention to details and thoroughness.