Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
As a member of Fintel (Financial Intelligence ) & Analytics team, this individual will be energetic, independent, confident and able to work in a fast paced, flexible, and high growth environment. This person will be hands on, have outstanding technical skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Dynamics), and be passionate and able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
This person will be a member of the Fintel & Analytics team and will interface with the company's leadership team. This person will operate with a sense of urgency and have a proven ability to work across functions and be an outstanding team player. It is essential that the successful candidate is analytical, structured and accounting/finance-knowledgeable while having strong communication, ownership and leadership skills.
He / she will help control and report on the company's budgets and analyze variances and make forward-looking recommendations that are insightful for the Management to help it control, anticipate and decide on various elements relevant to Budget and cost development.
In this role, you will:
- Upload budget for each Sub BU and/or department into AX ERP system
- Upload all project costs in AX ERP system and support the cost disbursement approval process against total budgeted cost
- Monitor budget at each Sub BU and/or department level
- Conduct expenditure control using the AX ERP system for each Sub BU and/or department level
- Monitor and control the expenses and ensure that the necessary approvals as per company policy are taken
- Monitor and track actual spend versus the budgets for all Business Units
- Prepare monthly Actual vs Budget variances status reports (all P&L items, capex, headcount etc.) and other related project planning and controls documentation for the CFO and Management of the company
- Prepare and analyze quarterly forecasts of the company
- Report on variances
- Advise on managing costs
- Understand budgeted cost basis for each project and recut actual costs as necessary from various sources to match the budgeted basis
- Transfer Opex Budget from BU to SBU and manage the budget efficiently in the AX system
- Ensure approval for Business travel for projects
- Prepare service orders for contracts
- Analyze and track periodically the incremental impact of addendums to Budget approved
- Master or Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA, CA or CMA preferred
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in management consulting, finance or accounting
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Strong proficiency with Word and Power Point.
- Knowledge of AX Microsoft Dynamics especially the Budget module.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and define issues, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail
- Responsible for forecast and variance analysis