Job description / Role
As an Account receivable member of the team, reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the role shall be primarily responsible to strengthen our cargo receivables division to ensure proper flow of payment from customers & clear all old outstanding.
This position shall involve ensuring consistently adherence to corporate policies and procedures of the accounting activities as well as QMS in relation to financial matter and also responsible for accounting functions performed by individual job.
• Analyzing & Follow up on Debtor Ageing for allocated sales people, sending statement of accounts, Collect the debtor which is over and above the agreed credit days and giving importance to more than 90 days debtors, visiting the customers where ever/whenever required.
• Reverting to client queries, issuing credit notes, Following up for credit applications.
• Creating customer accounts after receiving the complete validated CAF and obtain approvals as per the authority matrix (cash and credit)
• Any disturbances on the credit application form needs to be addressed with the concerned sales person and ensuring to open the account as per the SOP set without disturbing the business requirements.
• Opening account in DAX and CARs as per the credit application forms. Ensure that the customer account is as per VAT certificate and ensuring all the credit application forms received with VAT and Trade license copies. Also, periodic follow-up on customers to receive the expired Trade license copies.
• Monitor the credit limit & Days and inform the management when it crosses the set limits & Custom Duty Follow ups.
• Passing Post-dated cheque upon receipt and posting appropriate entry at the time of maturity of the cheque.
• Updating debtor’s comments daily in collection module for the management to review.
• Passing cash entries, passing cheque & bank entries and allocating the account as per the allocation details received from customer.
• Arranging cheque collections through courier & messengers and issuing the receipt for the cash and cheque payments received. By end of the month ensure that all the unallocated receipts are allocated against the invoices.
• Receipt reconciliation with the Bank account and ensuring that all the unaccounted receipts are accounted in the system.
• Critical debtors report as and when requested by the management.
• Furnishing all the important debts data like aging reports, statements of accounts to the Cargo Service team that facilitates timely debts’ collection reducing the numbers of debtors and credit periods
• Assisting colleague who are on leave during their absence as and when required.
• Examine customer requests properly, identify the problem and resolve customer’s concerns, Support customers by interacting, coordinating and follow-up.
• Customer accounts should be reconciled regularly and making sure that account is clean, and all the payment received from customers are accounted in the same respective accounts and making sure that it is allocated against the invoice details provided by the customer.
• No entries should be passed based on the verbal confirmation from customers on the payments or issuance of cheque. Based on the physical receipt of cheque the accounting entries to be passed in the accounting system.
• One-line allocation is prohibited, and part allocation should have justification and approval from CFM.
• No balance confirmation to be provided to the sales team unless the account is reconciled and cleared till the time the incentive is paid to the sales team.
• Degree Holder - Finance
• Freight Forwarding Background
• Multi-lingual & Flexible Team Player
• Professional and Ethical Behavior
• Strong Organisational Skills
• Good vocabulary & writing skills
• Customer service orientation
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills at all levels